Glotio makes the job for you, updating your texts. You just have to enter it in your source language. There are two options so that your store is always updated:
Manual updates: with this option you can decide when you want to update, and you will immediately pay for pending updates. In the panel, Glotio will indicate the characters that are pending to be translated.
Automatic updates: Everyday it will check if there are new texts to translate in the online store and will proceed to update and collect them according to the established credit limits. Normally this update will be done at night, at dawn. but now you have the option to decide the time you want the update to take place.
What rules does Glottio use to update the text
After translating a language for the first time, Glotio scans your website to find the text changes you have made in your online store.
If you modify any text in your default language, Glotio understands that there has been a change that must be translated. In this case, it will also check the changes in the texts in the other languages and decide whether to translate it or not.
Some examples, assuming a store from English source language to Spanish:
If the English text changes from "car" to "bus" and the Spanish text does not change. Glotio translates the Spanish text from "bus" to "autobus" and uploads it to your store.
If the English text doesn’t change, and the Spanish text changes from "autobus" to "large vehicle", Glotio records the change, but doesn’t translate anything.
If the English text changes from "car to" bus "and the Spanish text changes from" autobus "to" large vehicle ", Glotio records the changes, but doesn’t translate anything.
- In case you choose automatic updates, you can make all the changes you want during the day, and at night Glotio will check what has changed and translate it taking into account your dictionary and your list of excluded words, as long as text containing these words or phrases is going to be touched. The languages that you have activated in our panel, will update automatically every night, so that you have your online store always updated.
- In the case of manual updates, you will see the pending characters in your Update languages panel and the change will be made once the payment has been made.
Beware if you have tools that update products automatically. In this case, it's possible that the translation is updated in your source language and Glotio translates the same text many times. If this is your situation, please, contacts us so that we can find a solution. In any case, if you have to update your PrestaShop version and / or restore backups, never change the IDS of categories, products, etc. because later this can be a problem when translating again, since for Glotio's logic they become TOTALLY new texts and it will translate everything again as if it were the first time.
WARNING: Glotio is a machine and it is not able to understand and translate ONLY the word you changed. Even if it is just a comma or symbol, Glotion will re-translate the entire element that contains the change.
- If you want Glotio to translate, you must enter the text ONLY in the default language.
- If you add text in any other language that is not the default one, Glotio "sees" your manual action and makes no changes.
- If you add / change text in the default language AND ALSO in another, Glotio does not translate.
- If you have chosen the option to not completely translate the language, Glotio won't translate all the fields that it considers as not empty. Please check this article: http://help.glotio.com/en/articles/3448158-i-already-have-a-partial-translation-how-can-i-choose-the-texts-that-glotio-has-to-translate