Despite being very fast in translating the entire e-commerce store in a few minutes, actually, Glotio requires a multi-step process. In this article, we explain its 5-step process.
What you need to get started
Have an online store in one of the compatible platform, even if it is in maintenance mode. Here is more info.
Have the SSL certificate properly set and use suitable hosting.
Not having a firewall or other security measures that could block our API calls
Find out if the source language is the right one because Glotio always starts translating from that language.
Install a language selector to see the translated website
Have more languages installed than the source language. If you don't have them, follow these instructions.
If you have configured the multistore, it's impossible to use Glotio. Glotio doesn't support this kind of shop. If you need any other help, contact us.
ATTENTION, Glotio downloads and uploads texts to your website during the translation process. While you're translating, we recommend you to not edit your store texts nor languages so that the translation is done the right way.
The steps to translate:
2. Once the account is completed, our virtual assistant will guide you in a few steps through the process necessary for Glotio to track your shop looking for translatable elements.
3. Glotio downloads all texts and calculates all translatable characters in each language. Before translating, you can decide the fields in Advanced Setting, you can define the words in your own dictionary, add words or phrases to your exclusion list.
4. After calculating the number of translatable characters, in the panel you can see how many languages you can translate, the characters of each language and its translation cost. You can choose languages and accept them or discard those you don't want. If you want a language that is not included in your list, you can add it as we explain here.
The source language of the translation will ALWAYS be the default language in your shop. Check well what language you have set, because later it will not be possible to change it. If you have done it by mistake, please contact us so we can solve the problem.
5. Once you have chosen the languages and accepted the estimate – at this point, in case you didn’t insert before your credit card, the system will ask you to introduce a payment method to continue (*not necessary if you are enjoying the launch promotion) –, Glotio starts translating and uploads the translations to your website. The system will send you an email at the end of the process. More info: http://help.glotio.com/en/articles/3505015-how-much-does-it-cost-to-translate-my-online-store
6. Once Glotio is finished, you can check the translation: remind to activate the language selector module and empty the cache.
Do not change or delete languages during or after the translation with Glotio or the system will stop working. Also, changing the ISO code can cause problems.
Take a look at this article: http://help.glotio.com/en/articles/4592016-how-to-delete-languages-in-your-store. If you have done it by mistake, please contact us so we can solve the problem.