Despite being very fast in translating the entire e-commerce store in a few minutes, actually Glotio requires a multi-step process. In this article we explain its 5-step process.
What do you need to get started?
- Have a PrestaShop online store, even if it is in maintenance mode. Here more info.
- Find out if the PrestaShop source language is the right one because Glotio always starts translating from that language.
- Install a language selector to Prestashop to see the translated website
- Have more languages installed than the source language. If you don't have them, follow these instructions.
ATTENTION, Glotio downloads and uploads texts to your website during the translation process. While you're translating, we recommend you to not edit your store texts nor languages so that the translation is done the right way.
2. Once the account is completed, our virtual assistant will guide you in a few steps through the process necessary for Glotio to track your PrestaShop looking for translatable elements.
3. Glotio downloads all texts, and calculates all translatable characters in each language.
4. After calculating the number of translatable characters, in the panel you can see in how many languages you can translate, the characters of each language and its translation cost. You can choose languages and accept them or discard those you don't want. The source language of the translation will ALWAYS be the source language in PrestaShop. Check well what language you have set, because later it will not be possible to change it. If you have done it by mistake, please contact us so we can solve the problem.
5. Once you have chosen the languages and accepted the estimate – at this point, in case you didn’t insert before your credit card, the system will ask you to introduce a payment method to continue (*not necessary if you are enjoying the launch promotion) –, Glotio starts translating and uploads the translations to your website. The system will send you an email at the end of the process.
6. Once Glotio finished, you can check the translation: remind to activate the language selector module by PrestaShop and empty the PrestaShop cache.
Do not change or delete any translated languages of Glotio or the system will stop working. Also change the ISO code can cause problems. Take a look at this article: http://help.glotio.com/en/articles/4592016-how-to-delete-languages-in-your-store. If you have done it by mistake, please contact us so we can solve the problem.
Other items that may interest you